Alcoholics Anonymous is often held as the best way to cure an Alcoholic. Is Alcoholism a disease? – does AA work? – whats with all the religious stuff? Buck and Myles (the B team) are joined by Jon Stewart, he spent 14 years attending AA meetings but left and stayed sober. He tells the B team his story.
- Jon Stewart’s Blog Essay “Leaving AA, Staying Sober” contains links to more of the resources we discussed.
- The 12 Steps of AA
- “AA Agnostica”, the Atheist AA resource
- Claudia Christian’s documentary on The Sinclair Method, One Little Pill
- An excellent general introduction to The Sinclair Method
- SMART Recovery, which uses CBT rather than the 12 Steps